Parent Forum: Social Media
Concerned about your children’s safety on social media?
Looking for the answers but not sure where to turn? Join us for a parent forum with Kirra Pendergast from Safe on Social Media.
Date: Wednesday 6 June
Time: 5:45pm – 7:00pm
Venue: Loreto Normanhurst Gymnasium
Please confirm your attendance via the Trybooking website.
This presentation and Q&A session will deliver real life case studies and strategies to help parents support their children.
Topics covered (but not limited to) are:
- Using social media with awareness
- Keeping personal information private
- Online grooming
- Posting photos and sexting
- Safe social networking
- Privacy settings
- What your posts say about you
- Identity theft
- Legal responsibility
- Gaming dangers
- Learning to read tween/teenager behavior online
- Managing digital footprints
- Strategies to build resistance and resilience