From the Deputy Principal:
Our annual Open Day is to be hosted on Saturday, 6 March. This is an important day for our community and presents a key opportunity to showcase our school as we open our doors to prospective families who are considering a Loreto Normanhurst education for their daughters.
Given that COVID-19 Guidelines will limit our ability to host the numbers of people on site that this event usually attracts, this year’s Open Day will be hosted virtually through our curated Open Day Microsite. The Virtual Open Day will go live on 6 March at 11:00am, and will bring families the rich offerings of our School through feature presentations, a 360 walkthrough virtual tour, a showcase of Life at Loreto, community engagement opportunities and programs, and live Q & A sessions.
In addition to the Virtual experience, onsite tours of the Day School have sold out, and will be led by a team of staff and students. The girls are immensely proud of their school and the impact their enthusiasm has on our visitors is always something on which they comment, either on the day or in future enrolment interviews. It may well have been the same experience for you when you were choosing a school for your daughter(s).
A lot of work by staff and students has gone into the preparation of engaging videos and content for our Virtual Open Day. In addition, many will be required to assist with setup, support and tours; therefore there will be an early dismissal from school for students on Friday 5 March.
Early Dismissal on Friday 5 March, 12.35pm
- To assist with the planning and organisation of Open Day, there is early dismissal of students (except for Year 6) on Friday 5 March and classes will conclude at the end of period 4 (12.35pm).
- If you require your daughter to remain at school until 3:15pm (Secondary) and 3pm (Year 5), supervision will be provided in designated areas; however, you must register her attendance in the form below.
- Boarder students will be provided with their usual supervision and are not required to complete this form.
- On this day, the private buses depart at 12.35pm. They will also run again at 3.15pm.
Year 6 Students
- Year 6 students will be engaged in the Ylead Leadership program and will be dismissed at the regular time at 3pm.
- If your daughter is involved in conducting tours, you will receive separate communications in the coming days.
- Please note, if your daughter remains at school until 3:15pm (3pm Year 5) she may also be required to assist with some of the preparation.
CLICK HERE to register that your daughter will remain at school until 3:15pm (Secondary) and 3pm (Year 5).
Thank you for your support with this.
Parents are most welcome to join us for the virtual Open Day through the Microsite, and we hope you enjoy the highlights of life at Loreto Normanhurst.
Mrs Lynn Long