Master Plan – Community Update
As an ecology-centred school, Loreto Normanhurst is committed to reducing the environmental impact from traffic associated with transport to and from school.
You may be aware of our Green Travel Plan, an initiative launched with the support of our student-led Green Team. Our aim is to encourage and facilitate a move away from the use of single-occupancy modes of transport.
We are excited to announce that aspects of this wonderful program will be piloted as part of the School’s traffic management plan, and the ongoing work for stage 1 of the Master Plan.
Some proposed strategies include:
- the installation of Opal card top-up facilities onsite (pending regulatory approval)
- researching with a view to establishing a shuttle bus to and from a local station
- implementing steps to encourage carpooling (subject to Covid-19 safety protocols)
- distributing a travel guide as a way of further sharing information with our parents, staff and students about public transport options
- and increasing the information provided to incoming families and new members of staff about our Green Travel Plan
There will be continued research and ongoing conversations with our community, with an aim to implement initial features of our Green Travel Plan in Term 1, 2021.
We look forward to sharing more details with you as the plan unfolds.
You may like to read the following community update which has been distributed to our neighbours.
Ms Marina Ugonotti