The HSC exams are almost upon us. With the first exam beginning on Monday morning, it is timely to be reminded of a few protocols.
- Students should ensure they read their timetables carefully and arrive on time. Monday’s English paper begins at 10.20am which means all students should arrive by 9.50 am at the latest and line up in the top quad in alphabetical order. This timing also applies to Boarders. Punctuality is of vital importance during the exams.
- If a student has an illness or misadventure and can’t attend an exam, she must notify the school immediately.
- If she can still attend, she must tell the presiding officer when she arrives.
- If a student feels unwell or has a misadventure during an exam which may affect her performance, she should tell the presiding officer immediately.
- We will have a room for students to lock away their personal belongings – they should allow enough time to do this. No personal belongings may be left in any of the quads, outside any rooms or in the LRC.
- If a student chooses to wear her school uniform, she must ensure that she is dressed appropriately – full school uniform following normal rules. If she chooses to wear plain clothes, they need to be sensible, comfortable and appropriate.
- Students should be aware of the restrictions and acceptable equipment for each examination. This can be viewed at Students Online. Calculators need to be NESA-approved and functioning well – new batteries may need to be purchased.
- Students are not permitted to borrow equipment during the exam so should ensure that they have spare pens etc.
- No mobile phones are permitted in the exam room – this is very important. If a student takes a phone into the exam room the Presiding Officer will have to report her to NESA and her paper may be cancelled. This also applies to smart watches and other electronic devices.
Finally, we want to wish all students the very best of luck in their exams and feel confident that all their hard work will pay off.
Ms Kieryn Bateman, Director of Learning
and Mme Maryse Martin, Dean of Learning
Upcoming Events for Term 4 2017
Year 12 HSC
Monday 16 October – Tuesday 7 November
|Year 9||Assessment Block||Monday 16 October – Tuesday 31 October|
Monday 30 October – Friday 3 November
|Year 10||YCON||Monday 20 November – Friday 24 November|
Creating My Future Maximising My Potential
Monday 27 November – Thursday 7 December
|Years 7 – 11||
Year 7-11 Awards Ceremony
Thursday 7 December
4:30pm – 7:00pm
Compulsory attendance for all students
Principal’s Morning Tea
Class of 2017 HSC Results
Friday 15 December
10:00 – 11:00
Mary Ward Quad
Class of 2017 students only