Director of Boarding
Loreto Boarding welcomed 47 new boarders and 37 new families to our community in 2021. Our families come from all over Sydney and NSW, some from interstate and a few from overseas. We also have a number of families that reside within the Sydney basin and have either made the transition from day to boarding or who have made the change to Loreto from the Sydney Suburbs.
For those young women entrusted to our care, boarding is….
- delivered by an innovative and creative team, informed by evidence-based best practice, striving always to improve outcomes and opportunities.
- fulfilled with a commitment to a compassionate and high-quality boarding experience.
- provided in a open and safe environment, that allows the boarders to grow and learn with the freedom to be the best person they can
- about the whole person. Loreto boarding provides a village that nurtures all ages and the talents of a diverse and dynamic group of girls.
- a community for the family, a place where all feel welcome and known
We have had a busy start to the year as the boarders, old and new, settle into the routines after a long summer break. Our first weekend was Commitment Weekend, there were activities from Friday to Sunday, culminating with a wonderful harbour cruise for Sunday night dinner. Sport, homework, activities and outings keep the boarders busy after school and across the weekend.
Your daughter may have a friendship with a boarder and you may like to have her as a guest in your home either for the afternoon, a meal, a day or overnight. If a boarder is going to spend some time with you, you will receive an email or text which you respond to. If you would like to change details that have been submitted, please ring Boarder Reception on 9473 7385 by 8.00pm Thursday evening. We also encourage you to contact the boarder’s parents regarding your proposed arrangements.
The boarding school appreciates any help that you can offer in regards to sport transport, so if you are passing this way on a Saturday and can collect any boarders from your daughter’s team please let us know. The logistics of ensuring they make their games all over Sydney can be a demanding.
Our community is unique and the boarding school looks forward to sharing this with you all.
Mrs Kate Kovacs
Director of Boarding