Everyone’s career journey is different. Let’s find yours.
Would You Like to Receive Careers News Directly?
Loreto Normanhurst has subscribed to TWO career-based web resources:
Study Work Grow (formerly known as MHSCareers). This is free for all parents and students to access.
- It is easy to register and allows access to all their resources individually here at school or at home.
- To help with this process, Study Work Grow have created a ‘How To’ guide to show you step-by-step how to register.
- Our new unique school code is: LRNHST0119. The school code is unique to our school so please ensure that wherever possible you keep this code within our school community.
- Students simply go to the following website.
- Click on the “I’m New” purple button.
- Enter your school email and the school’s password is: lnh
The below links make for interesting reads from LinkedIn and Human Resources Director Australia.
Ms Katrina Smith and Ms Alexi Kayes
Engineers Australia: Cochlear Autumn School of Engineering
Monday 15 – Thursday 18 April 2019
4-Day Engineering School for Year 11 & Year 12 Students
Cochlear Autumn School of Engineering is a 4-day program for 100 x Year 11 & Year 12 school students studying Maths, Science, and Engineering Studies.
Enjoy immersive workshops at University of Sydney, University of NSW, UTS, and Macquarie, and see behind the scenes at RAAF Richmond, ANSTO, and Cochlear. Meet current engineering students who act as Team Leaders during the course.
Includes: Careers Evening with young engineers and graduates
Non Residential Program – departing each morning from UTS campus, Central Station area
PRE REGISTRATION/ EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – Please fill in the form to register your interest to attend the conference.
(Please note, unfortunately registrations will be limited to 4 students per school)
Letz Live | Tutors Worldwide
Letz Live | Tutors Worldwide will be in Sydney hosting an information session for students (and parents) who may be considering a Gap Year in 2020.
Presently we offer Gap Year placements in boarding schools for young Australian’s across New Zealand, Thailand and throughout the United Kingdom; with a new and exciting destination coming soon!!
Below you will find additional information regarding our Sydney information session. Please note that this is a free-event for students and their parents.
Date: Tuesday 19 February
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Venue: Trinity Grammar School, 119 Prospect Road, Summer Hill NSW 2130 – Latham Theatre
Click here to download the promotional flyer.
Applications for placements in 2020 are scheduled to close on March 8 2019. We are delighted to see a number of applicants who have already lodged their application in full.
If any students are interested in attending this Information Evening, please register via the link.
Defence Force Recruiting has an exciting opportunity for students
Students have the opportunity to be a part of the ultimate International Women’s Day experience . This will include a once in a lifetime opportunity to be ferried across the beautiful Sydney Harbour and enjoy a fully catered, gourmet lunch on the exclusive Spectacle Island! This historical naval site is not accessible to the general public, but we are offering students the exclusive opportunity to join us on this special day and share it with some of the amazing women currently serving in the Australian Defence Force.
How can the students get involved?
Firstly the Defence Force would really like to know in 100 words or less why you would like to take part in this experience.
You then have the option of answering in 200 words or less one of the three questions below:
- If you could choose any job in the Australian Defence Force which one would you choose and why?
- If you were going to join the Army/Navy/Air Force for just one week, pick a job and tell us what you think a week in that job would be like.
- Which job on the Defence Force Recruiting website would be the most exciting and, which one would be the most challenging? Tell us why.
For more information use this website as a resource to assist your answers.
Where do students send their response?
Please send your response here.
Who can enter?
This experience is open to young women between the ages of 16-18 years old at school within the NSW region.
when do entries close?
Entries will close at 5pm AEST on Friday 22 February 2019.
Who will be selected?
20 lucky young women across NSW will be chosen to partake in this once in a lifetime experience.
Important points to note:
The experience will occur in Sydney beginning at 10.30am and finish at 3pm.
It will be the responsibility of the experience recipient to make their own way to HMAS Kuttabul in Sydney on 8 March 2019.
Each experience recipient will be able to bring one guest to join them on the day.
Open Days & Info Sessions
Express your interest for upcoming events
17 & 18 April – Macquarie in a Day
Uni life doesn’t have to be a mystery. We’re opening our doors to Year 11 and Year 12 students for the chance to taste what a day in the life of a Macquarie student is really like.
1 May – Year 12 Information Evening
We’ll take you through our early entry program, courses, scholarships, pathway options and give you the opportunity to speak one-on-one with course advisers. Parents are encouraged to attend.
7 May – Year 10 Subject Selection Evening
Find out about how your subjects for the HSC can impact your university studies. We’ll address adjustment factors, assumed knowledge, university admission and scholarship processes.
17 August – Open Day
Our doors are open all day for you to experience our campus, speak with academics, current students and find out all about uni life.
26 June 19 — 30 June 19 | Sydney
Arrange an individual consultation with a James Cook University staff member in Sydney. Find out more about JCU courses, living in tropical north Queensland, and how to apply.
To book an appointment, please email JCU’s Future Students team .
Attend an information session to find out more about being a NSW Police Officer and the recruitment process. Sessions are generally run at Police Headquarters, Parramatta.
Recruitment Information Session – Parramatta | COMING SOON
Saturday 13 April 2019
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Tickets available 8.00am 29 March 2019
Recruitment Information Session – Parramatta | COMING SOON
Saturday 15 June 2019
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Tickets available 8.00am 31 May 2019
The University of Sydney Introduction to Calculus MOOC gives students a second chance to meet the mathematics prerequisites required for entry into a range of courses from 2019.
You don’t need to be starting a degree this year to take the MOOC – you could still take the course (it’s around 40 hours to complete) if you’re worried about your math score, or just want to add some more math knowledge to your resume.
Applications to ANU open 4 March 2019
In 2020 ANU will welcome the first cohort of students under a new national admissions process. Our new admissions model will look beyond ATAR scores to consider a student’s all-round character and will be unique in its focus on holistic student assessment.
How do students apply?
Applying to ANU is simple. Applications are open to domestic students who are currently in Year 12, and intend to commence at ANU in 2020 or 2021. Students will apply directly to ANU, to help, ANU have created a step-by-step process guiding prospective students, through the application process.
What do I need to know?
- Applications are free!
- Students can apply for all ANU Bachelor programs.
- Applications open 8:00am, 4 March and close 31 May. Students will apply directly to ANU, via the ANU website.
- All school-leavers will need to meet the co-curricular or service requirement. Students can check if they meet the requirement, and view examples of supporting documentation on ANU’s website.
- Students are initially assessed based on their Year 11 results and will receive a conditional offer in August. During the applications students will need to provide an official record of their Year 11 results. You can learn more about how ANU will assess students here.
- Students can apply for Equity and Elite Athlete adjustment factors when they apply to ANU.
- Students can opt to be considered for all eligible scholarships when they apply to ANU.
- Students who are accepted to ANU through the direct application process are guaranteed on-campus accommodation, if they want it.
- Students will receive a packaged offer, which will include an offer of admission, any scholarships they have received and an offer of accommodation.
- Students can defer an offer for 12 months. Students intending to take a gap year are encouraged to apply.