Primary School News
We never know the worth of water until the well is dry.
The countdown to the Loreto Normanhurst Music Festival is on. Just a reminder that students need to be at school by 8.15am on Wednesday 28 March and make their way straight to the Primary School Quad. The bus will be leaving at 8.30am sharp. After the rehearsal, the girls will be dismissed at 12.30pm. The canteen will be closed as well, so please bring recess and a hat as we will be eating at Tumbalong Park. The afternoon arrangements are as follows:
- Please pick up your daughter at 12.30pm from the Slip Road or park in the Oval Carpark and walk to the Mary Ward Quad to collect your daughter.
- Private bus services for students currently travelling on this service will be here at 12.35pm.
- All students return in full uniform (summer dress, blazer, polished shoes, white ribbon in hair) to the ICC, Sydney Theatre by 6.15pm).
A brief break in the rain allowed the Primary School Cross Country to go ahead on Tuesday. As the girls weaved their way around the track it was wonderful to witness the support, enthusiasm and team spirit displayed by the girls. It is moments like these that reaffirm that Loreto Normanhurst is such a special place to be. Congratulations to all participants and many thanks to the parents for attending and Mr Mulroney and the Sports Department for coordinating such a successful event.
The results were as follows:
|10 Year Runners:||11 Year Runners:||12/13 Year Runners:|
|1st Place Lucy Knox||1st Place Neve Tierney||1st Place Lara Granelli|
|2nd Place Sophie West||2nd Place Lucia Van Der Heiden||2nd Place Maddison Hinds|
|3rd Place Francesca Byrne-Fister||3rd Place Abbie Maley||3rd Place Alex O’Brien|
|4th Place Olivia Klostermann||4th Place Lucy Harrison||4th Place Pavarisa Wen|
The overall point score for the Cross Country was:
|House Cup:||Spirit Cup:|
|Benedicta – 140||Clare|
|Clare – 120|
|Dorothea – 85|
Congratulations to these and the following girls who have been selected to represent Loreto at the upcoming IPSHA Cross Country Carnival to be held on Saturday 1 April at the Kings School.
Ava Basic, Eve Foster, Jessica Roche, Phoebe Zammit, Emily Saliba, Jessica Anderson, Annabelle Hartley, Rhiannon Doyle, Indianna Cane, Charlotte Joseph, Xin Teng, Phoebe Locke, Elyse Stephens, Abigail Mayer and Breanna Harris. Best of luck girls!
In our commitment to promoting an Ecology-centred school, the Primary girls were invited by Mrs Cranfield, Ecology Coordinator and Science Teacher to become Eco Warriors and brainstorm ideas to lead the Primary School in marking Earth Hour next Monday. These are the ideas that the girls came up with:
“Hour without Power”
- No lights/fans on in classrooms – make a paper fan from scrap paper
- No data projectors used
- iPads/phones shut down rather than just not using them
- No Laptop/iPad use – replace activities that normally use these with an alternative
- No emailing
- No hot drinks to be made/purchased
- No printing during that hour
“Spelling Earth Hour out of leaves found on the ground”
- Write a commitment on the leaf about how you can reduce the amount of electricity and power that we use. This will help the environment as it will reduce the amount of carbon dioxide released that leads to climate change.
We look forward to seeing families at the Twilight Picnic this Saturday. If it is raining we will move to the Primary School COLA or the Mary Ward Centre.
Mrs Maryanne Dwyer
Head of Primary